Friday, December 10, 2010

Day two: Where I'd like to be in 10 years.

I'd like to be a professor in a research university, ideally in an international city (a place with easy travel to/from my research sites in Europe and Africa). I want to do something in the realm of investigating the differences and comparisons in higher education between US and other schools, as I firmly believe that we can (and should) learn from those other places and generally choose to be egocentric and ignore them.

I think in 10 years I should have a kid that's at least 5, maybe two. I don't want to be doing the little kid thing when I'm 50 and I'm 35 now. I sound like a woman - so I should probably get married too somewhere between here and there. Ten years ago I didn't want kids, 5 years I did and couldn't have them, now it's not too late anymore.

Oh, and I want to have Great Danes. And maybe a terrier or something to boss them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment