Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 8: A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.

This actually happened the other day. Not unlike most other recent days, this one had me, the girl, and cozy joy all wrapped up in it. I can't really describe or put my finger on what made it a 'most-satisfied' type of day, but it involved having people I love, a woman I love, comfort, contentment, and a feeling of accomplishment. Sometimes I'm like her, and just want to 'squish it's little head' in my hands and make childish noises at it. In this case, 'it' was my day with her. It happens frequently now, so it's 'nothing special' in the sense of a rare occurrence. But, it's all good. Sometimes, it's that moment right before falling asleep where I remember that she like who I am, as I am, and that I actually have wonderful, close friends who'll do anything for me, a roof over my head, a job (I don't like but pays most of the bills), a car that works, two pets that love me for all their world and another that likes me when it suits her feline self, and a comfy pillow and a scratch on the back that makes me purr. Satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment