Thursday, April 30, 2015

26 - what kind of person attracts you

A redhead. Although that was never a deal-breaker, it's always been pretty key. But then, I scored big there. Took a long time, but that date ended pretty well.

She has to be smart. She has to be conscientious. She has to be willing to listen to me make mistakes, rudely interrupt her, and work with me on me. Mostly, she supports me in everything I do, and I love to see her succeed at everything she does. She's talented, loving, caring, and gives unflinchingly to those about whom she cares.

I love that she's funny. I never thought that was a big deal because I've always been the funny one. But she makes me laugh, and she gets my sense of humor. She sneaks up on me and is humored by the fact that it spooks me. She surprises me. She laughs at me when it's appropriate, and with me the rest of the time. We share enough interests to be interested in each other without being over-invested in the other's hobbies. She does stuff I can't do, has talents where I lack them (some where I don't), and really does an amazing thing that I can't imagine being good at. My strengths compliment her and empower her to overcome her weaknesses (although few), and hers support mine and make me a better man.

I'll spend the rest of my life with her, and do everything I can to empower her to achieve her dreams. She'll do what she can to help me feel fulfilled, and forgive my foibles. She's my best friend, my closest buddy, my girl-blanket, and that's all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment