Thursday, April 23, 2015

22 - how have you changed in the past 2 years

Let me count the ways...

I ran my first 5K, and so far I also ran my last (a few weeks later). I was a firm anti-runner for a long time. Then I realized I was fat. I'm still fat, but I went couch-to-5K in about 3 months (longer than the 10 weeks thanks to my game knee). It was awesome. Someday, I'll do it again. When there's time. (More on that, later.)

I finished school for probably the last time, but haven't finished the transition to being a full-time academic.

I had a kid. Well, my beautiful lady did, and our daughter has altered everything. So, I'd say a lot has changed. That means I've pretty much stopped leaving the house without a mission. I don't do projects, stopped writing, and don't play much any more. I sleep every chance I get, but I want to provide to the best of my ability. So that's my life.

Two years ago today I was deep in my dissertation. Now, I've been done for a year, and am deep in diapers and doing whatever it takes to elicit giggles from my baby girl. Which makes everything else worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment